It is a wonderful time of year to be a gardener in Minnesota!
The last frost is safely behind us, daylight stretches into the late evening, and a couple months of favorable weather is still ahead. As I look around my vegetable garden, the early tomatoes are quarter-sized, tomatillo seedlings have outgrown the threat of the three-striped potato beetle, and garlic is starting to send up its flowering scapes. You’ll see in the distance my watering barrel, although, we are fortunate to rely almost entirely on rainfall.
As members of our team recently met with AllianzGI representatives to discuss the Global Water Fund, I was reminded how lucky we are, and that much of the world cannot rely on access to clean, potable water. We thought you may enjoy hearing some key points below from our discussion on this investment tool which you own.
- The Global Water Fund contributes to the sustainability of global water resources. Every company in the fund is selected on their ability to improve water supply, improve water efficiency or improve water quality.
- The Global Water Fund addresses 4 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Clean Water & Sanitation, Industry Innovation & Infrastructure, Sustainable Consumption & Production, Sustainable Cities & Communities.
- The Global Water Fund received the highest rating from Morningstar’s* new sustainability rating – 5 Globes. This means the Fund manages its environmental, social and governance risks (ESG) in the top 10% of its peers in the Global Natural Resources Category.
The below links provide additional information on this investment tool that may interest you:
- Investment Solution – AllianzGI Global Water Fund
- Why investors seeking returns and impact should consider water
We thank you for your continued trust, and for your interest and commitment to Socially Responsible Investing! As always, we welcome your comments and questions.